8/20/06

"Oh my God, THIS is the cab he rode in?!!"

I got called to the Marriott to take a couple of young kids to the 'port at about 9p tonight. A 14 yr. old boy and 2 15 yr. old girls. They flew out here from Cincinnati just for the Dew Action Sports Tour. Sans parents and/or guardians.

They hopped in the car and were incredibly excited about their weekend. They said this was the "... BEST weekend of their LIVES!!" It was so cute.

It's about a 15 minute run to the 'port so we were chatting a bit and the young man asked me for a cab driver story.

Me: How old are you?

He: That don't matter. Tell us a story. Something nasty!

Me: Are you kidding me? It's almost Sunday. It's like, against the law to tell underage kids nasty stories on Saturday evenings. If you guys would have gotten in my car tomorrow ... :o)

He: Aw man. All right. Tell us something funny.

Me: All right. Ya know that boy that won the gold medal in the Olympics? For snowboarding? The redhead, you know who I mean. Shane, Sean somethingorother?

He: Oh yeah!! Shawn (whatever)!! He's like, so totally RAD! Man! We came out here to see him ... etc etc.

Me: Yeah. I think that's the guy. Anyway, I had him and a couple of his friends in my car last night and ...

They: WHAT???!!! OH MY GAWD!!! This is the CAB he rode in?!! Where'd he sit?!!

Me: Right behind me.

Girl in back, sitting in same seat started SCREAMING!! "OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! I'M IN THE SAME SEAT!!! TAKE MY PICTURE!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M IN THE SAME CAB, IN THE SAME SEAT AS SHAWN !!! TAKE MY PICTURE, QUICK!!"

Then all 3 of them were jumping around and changing seats so they could each get their pic taken in the same seat, in the same cab as Shawn.

It was so cute. They would start talking about something else then one would say "I can't believe we're in the same cab as Shawn. This is so cool!"

Made me remember how I acted at that age.

3 comments:

Von said...

Hi Michelle!
Just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed your stories. Thanks for sharing them!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

ROFLMAO!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHA that is exactly what my little sister (16) is like! :o) your stories are great! i've emailed your site to all my mates! cheers for the laughs!