8/14/06

"Do I LOOK gay to you?"

I get sent to a bar just across the river from downtown to pick up a guy at about 11p. After we exchange greetings he says "I'm not ready to go back to the hotel yet. Can you take me someplace where I can see some naked bodies?"

Me: Certainly. What type of naked bodies you looking for? Boy bodies or girl bodies?

He: Do I LOOK gay to you?

Me: Not necessarily. I just asked because ...

He: I'll have you know, I am MARRIED ... TO. A. WOMAN. And happily for 15 years. I don't know why you would THINK of asking me this. What do you suppose your supervisor would have to say about you being so judgemental to customers? I don't know what's WRONG with you. I think I'm going to have to call your office tomorrow and make a complaint that you would just RANDOMLY decide to ask me if I'm gay. How DARE you!!

He rattled on in this vein for a few moments. I let him go until he said "What do you think about that?"

Me: First off; I didn't ASK if you were gay. I asked what sort of bodies you wanted to see. You didn't specify and I don't make random assumptions. And secondly, I picked you up at a gay bar.

He sorta stared at me for a few seconds and said "But there were girls there too."

Me: Well, girls can be gay too.

He digested that for a moment and said "Ah hell. Just take me back to the hotel. I need to call my wife."

...

2 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

"I picked you up at a gay bar."

Your stories keep getting funnier!

Anonymous said...

you really are damn funny:)