Well now ya done did it Kapgar!
Kev gave me my own little award - well, I'm sharing it with others, but ... you know. :o)
I'm always happy to know that these odd little life stories of mine make people smile, or think, or annoyed, or whatever it takes to bring them back. I started this just because I needed some sort of 'outlet' for all this crap that happens to/with/because of me. (And have no doubts, I'm fully aware that most of this wouldn't happen if I didn't have such a smart-assed mouth :o) I am constantly amazed that people keep coming back because honestly, I don't find myself - or my stories - all that amusing. Well, no. I do find myself amusing, but as to these things I write here, since I've lived them ... just not so funny I guess. Folks sure do like 'em though. :o)
Thank you Kev, and to all the rest of you that keep coming back and especially to those that leave comments 'cuz I tell ya, most of my stories don't make me laugh, but the comments crack me up!
So on to those that make ME smile. I have a few that make me laugh, a few that make me think, and a few that provoke other thoughts and/or feelings. Hmmmm .......
1) Dave at Blogography. Dave was my first blog crush, as I think he has been for many people, and meeting Dave cements him in your mind and heart. He never fails to make me smile as even his rants/raves are amusing. Dave is always the one I go to when I need a little cab story pick me up; he always has something nice to say about my stories and/or writing.
2) Danny at Dad Gone Mad. I know he doesn't (well, I can't imagine he does) read my blog, and I'm not a parent so the 'Mommy Blog' thing doesn't appeal to me, but this guy can tell a story. Funny stuff almost every post. And by Gawd, that man loves his children. It's adorable. Almost makes me wanna go get some of my own.
3) Crystal at Boobs, Injuries and Dr Pepper. Yet another 'Mommy Blogger' I can't imagine reads my blog, but I love reading her. She is most likely the reason why I don't go get 'some of my own'. I would be this kind of mother - well, with a filthier mouth, of course - and I truly believe I would make my children's lives a living hell. I imagine growing up in her home would liken to being a child of Stephen King; cooler than shit to say is your parent but not looking forward to the bedtime stories.
4) Jen at RunJenRun. I met Jen when I met Dave at TequilaCon '07. Jenny is not only funny, but a genuinely nice person. If you can get past Rabbit that dances, reads, likes cats and spends spare time in movies then you can find the incredibly story teller underneath.
5) Mist1 at To do: 1. Get Hobby 2. Floss. She's been amusing me for quite some time. She does filthy much classier than I. Yet another I don't believe reads me, but damn this woman has some mind on her.
These are the blogs that consistently make me smile. Which isn't to say there aren't many more that I look forward to reading, and there are very many, but the top 5 that always make me smile, these are it.