5/1/11

Before I switched my vehicle and hours ...

there was this older lady I used to pick up a Lot. She lives in S.E. Ptld and goes to the all the bars that are w/in $5.00 of her home (there's about 6). She's 74 and her vision is going. Very friendly. She never remembers me (she's always drunk) but she's a very chatty woman, for the short ride.

Every time I pick her up - from the bar - she tells me that she hasn't been drinking. She NEVER drinks, she just goes there to socialize as she's old and lonely. She must drink whiskey because I can smell her from quite a ways away and I always have to help her to the cab as she has a hard time walking away from the bar.

Anyway, she tells me - every single time - that she's having some problems w/her sugar levels that's why she is having problems walking.

So, now that I've switched my hours to a bit earlier I am taking her to the bar instead of picking her up and taking her home and it smells like she is pre-gaming the bar.

Color me suspicious.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please add reactions to your posts...
It is a lot less painstaking way to let the writer know that you loved their post without needing to actually comment...
:)

Ryan said...

Trixie, OMG, just stumbled across your Blog, hilarious!! Love it!

Ry

Trixie said...

Dunno what "reactions" are ... other than the obvious. I'm assuming they're some sorta Facebook type o' thing w/the thumbs up/down but I'll check into it when I have some time.

Would hate for anything to be painful to anyone. :)

Ry: Thank you!

Anonymous said...

You added those quickly :)

Trixie said...

That was easy. :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the people who choose & use the "reactions" counters are the type of people who value quantity over quality. I feel as though this type could care a less what anyone has to say, as long as their ego gets the little jolt it does when they "see their likes start to hike" haha