4/20/11

So I'm wandering down around the Reed College area ...

round about 3a-ish a few nights ago, heading to the overpass to get over McLoughlin Blvd. on Woodstock and have to stop because I come up on a beaver ambling across the road. A beaver. Just some ... random ... beaver. On the road. In the cross walk no less. I mean ... it's a BEAVER for fuck's sake.

I had plenty of time to think about this as I was watching him - and since then - I've never even SEEN a beaver outside of the zoo and this fat bastard was just trolling across the road. Yes, I know we're the Beaver State and you would think we had one on every street corner hocking dental floss, but ... I mean ... I ju ... I ...

I'm assuming he was just wandering from one waterhole to another. Guess I'm also assuming it was a he for that matter.

SO - here's where MY brain goes when I see a beaver walking across the road ...

* How did he know to cross in the cross walk? I mean - I know the deer have the pictures so they know where to cross the road buuuut ... what? The wildlife is just smarter at Reed College? I know the students are, but ...

* Really??? A beaver.

* Apparently that nuclear reactor they have at the college is doing a bit more for the local wildlife that we are aware.

And of course the classic -

* why did the beaver cross the road?

1 comment:

Lhb said...

So THAT's what those darn deer signs are for!