6/20/11

It was a rough weekend ...

First and foremost it was Father's Day. Happy FD Dad - where ever you may be. :)

Then in Portland we had two other BIG things happening this same weekend:

1) It was Pride weekend in Portland. Lots of people here for the festivities and parade. Oddly enough, I haven't - yet - heard of a single hate issued crime happening. It was good times for all. The weather was nice enough and seemingly everyone was happy.

2) The other was the Naked Bike Ride on Saturday night. Yearly and international event (although I read that there are only 4 cities in the US that do it), people protesting cars. It's always amusing ... last year we had 13000 people riding, this year is estimated at about 9-10K. Not everyone is completely naked, although many are. A lot of people standing around gawking and yelling, and sadly, many people just trying to get around but stuck in traffic. I try, every time something of this nature comes to downtown to stay out of town, but there is always someone that wants to go downtown. ::sigh:: It's a rough life. And unfortunately I got stuck 1/2 way across the Hawthorne Bridge as the Ride was starting because everyone in front of me had to stop their cars.

Anyway, pictures stolen from someone's blog and when I say "rough weekend" what I really mean is "incredibly amusing to those of us that are sober" especially when we think about the amount of talcum powder sold in Ptld on Sunday. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago does the nude ride as well, and a pair of friends of mine were out in the insanity. I must be an old fuddy duddy, I've never understood the attraction. Watching the silly people be silly, sure. But I would never be caught dead riding in it!!

Torr-Torr said...

Haha sounds tough but i <3 the pics keep posting!!

Donna. W said...

Somehow, riding a bike naked sounds really uncomfortable to my old ears... and other old parts of my body.

raj said...

hohohohoh its look awesome....i loved to participate in nude cycling :)